In case you were living under a rock — there was an epic solar eclipse that recently occurred. History was made on August 21, 2017, when a total solar eclipse journeyed across the entire United States for the first time since 1918.
Millions of people traveled from all over the country, and the world, to make their way to the “path of totality” — a term that prior to this year, no one had in their vernacular.
Donning silly glasses, we all watched as the day sky turned to night for a couple of minutes — a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Some talented photographers were able to capture the historic celestial event in some incredible photos.
Here are 14 of the most incredible photos from the 2017 eclipse.
These captures are out-of-this-world.
1. A time lapse of the entire eclipse in Oregon is absolutely breathtaking.
2. “So ominous. Watching the sun slowly get swallowed up by this dark mass.”
3. The eclipse created some strange half-moon shadows.
4. Flying over the Pacific, a passenger on a plane was able to capture this incredible shot.
5. The 2017 eclipse has undoubtedly inspired people to become chasers of the astrological phenomenon.
6. The timing on this one is insane.
7. Many of us will never experience anything like this ever again.
8. The satellite timelapse capture of the eclipse is crazy.
9. It was an eerie moment as the sun disappeared.
10. Not only was the moon blocking the sun, but so was the International Space Station.
11. Some beautiful colors were created as moon passed through.
12. This timelapse from Nashville doesn’t even look real.
13. Millions of people are now proud owners of these goofy glasses.
14. The sun looks like a crescent moon over the Empire State Building.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.