It is not a very big problem if you notice some hair loss. It is quite usual for people to lose about 50-100 hairs per day. This is not really noticeable and concerning, because at the same place new hair starts to grow. But if there are some bald spots or thinning areas, thus occurs due to some interruption in the process of growing and shedding.
There are many things that contribute to hair loss, like:
1. Family History: this is the most frequent cause for hair loss, and it often happens in predictable patterns and slowly with time; like thinning hair in women and bald spots and receding hairline in men.
2. Medical Conditions: Hair loss can be a result of scalp diseases and infection which lead to scarring.
3. Hormonal Changes: Temporary hair loss can also be a result of hormonal changes and imbalances such as the onset of menopause, childbirth or pregnancy. The thyroid gland is also connected to hormone levels, so hair loss can happen also due to thyroid problems.
4. Medications: Drugs can also cause hair loss such as: birth control pills and medications used for high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, arthritis and cancer.
It is a very annoying problem to lose your hair. In order to find the solution for it, you must discover what the root cause is. When you know that it is not any health problems that are causing hair loss, then you can treat your problem with these natural remedies that are very beneficial in preventing hair loss and they will also enable the growth of a healthy hair:
1. Indian Gooseberry
Amla is the second name of Indian gooseberry, and this plant is abundant in vitamin C. Hair loss is also a result of insufficient amount of vitamin C in the body. Indian gooseberry is also very helpful in promoting hair growth and a healthy scalp due to it exfoliating, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Make a mixture with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry.
- Then use this mixture to massage the scalp and cover your hair.
- Keep the shower cap during the night, and in the morning wash your hair with a shampoo.
2. Chinese Hibiscus
Chinese hibiscus is another natural remedy that is highly efficient in case of hair loss, and it has the power to hinder premature graying, heal split ends, eliminate dandruff, thicken your hair and also promote hair growth.
- Take 2 cups of coconut oil and put 10 dried Chinese hibiscus flowers
- Then put this mixture on your hair, cover it with a shower cap and leave it during the night. In the morning wash your hair.
- Do this procedure a few times a week.
Beetroot is rich in all the necessary nutrients for healthy hair growth such as: vitamins B and C, calcium, potassium and protein.
- Just consume some beetroot juice in your daily diet, and you can combine it together with carrot juice, lettuce juice, alfalfa juice and spinach juice.
4. Coconut milk
Coconut milk is another amazing natural remedy to prevent hair loss and also promotes hair growth due to its content rich in essential fats and protein.
- Just add a freshly grated coconut to a pan of water and you will make coconut milk
- Then leave it to simmer for about 5 minutes and strain it
- When it gets cooled down, massage it on the scalp in your hair.
- Let the mixture act for about 20 minutes and then shampoo the hair and wash it.
Coconut oil can be used in many beauty treatments like a hair mask which can make your hair stronger and hydrated.
5. Licorice root
Licorice root has many beneficial effects on the scalp, like eliminating scalp irritations like dandruff flakes, soothes the scalp and opens the pores. So it is used as a natural treatment for baldness, hair loss and dandruff.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of saffron, 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of round licorice root
- Mix all the ingredients well and then apply this mixture on the bald areas before you go to bed.
- Leave it to act during the night and then shampoo the hair and wash it in the morning.
- You can repeat this procedure 1-2 times a week.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is rich in enzymes that can help you and promote growth of your hair. It also has alkalizing properties that are very beneficial in maintaining healthy pH of the scalp and hair.
If you use Aloe Vera on a regular basis, it can eliminate dandruff and also treat scalp inflammation and itching.
- Use Aloe Vera juice or gel on your scalp.
- Let it to act for a couple of hours and then wash the hair
- Do this procedure about 3-4 times a week
Fenugreek contains a lot of hormone antecedents and it can rebuild hair follicles and promote hair growth, and due to this it is commonly used as a treatment for hair loss. It also is rich in nicotinic acid and proteins which help in stimulating hair growth.
- Just put 1 cup of fenugreek in some water, and leave during the night
- The next morning, make a paste by grinding them
- Then massage the scalp and hair with it and use a shower cap to cover the hair
- Let it act for about 40 minutes then wash the hair
- Repeat the procedure every day for 30 days
Flaxseeds are abundant in Omega-3 fatty acids, and they are very beneficial in hindering hair loss and they also promote hair growth.
- Just take 1 tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseed every morning together with 1 glass of water. You can also combine the flaxseeds with soups, smoothies and salads.